So, the MCRmy Census is one year old today… I can’t believe it’s been a whole year already and I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody who took part. The honesty and intelligence, as well as your hardcore dedication to the band, was wonderful to read, analyse and write about.
I realise there’re been some shitty stuff going around recently, and some fans have been less polite than others in their response, but it’s reminded me of just how close we all feel to the band. 99.99% of the time this is a great thing, as I read in the long-answer responses to the Census. The other 0.01% of the time can be difficult but if there’s one thing I’ve learnt working on this project it’s that the MCRmy is a family of really decent people. I’ve also come to think of us and band as two walls of the same building; we’re separate but structurally useful to one another’s existence. I suppose I’m just sentimental because of timing but I really think that we’re all united in our love of one band’s excellent music and that, despite our differences, we can and should stand together as a group against all the shit that gets thrown at us. Sometimes we’re standing with the band themselves, sometimes we aren’t. Sometimes we fight amongst ourselves like cousins at our grandparents’ during Christmas.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that even if you don’t always like every member of your family, you do always love them, and you’ll stop fighting when your grandparents want to open the fucking presents.
Here’s hoping that this project will have been completed by next year… Please do let me know all your opinions and ideas (and go here for the Census results)!
xoxo <3 #hashtag etc.