Please check back for opportunities to work on aspects of The Webways!
Wanted: Social Media Administrator
- Interacting with other fans through the official Webways accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest). Saying hi, doing Follow Friday, assisting people with MCR/MCRmy-related questions, maybe starting hashtags or games.
- Finding online content and adapting information to fit each outlet, e.g. if you find an MCRmy-related post on Tumblr, you reblog it to The Webways’ Tumblr and also post it to Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest if appropriate.
- This will involve searching tags such as ‘MCRmy’ on various sites to find projects, art and sites that the rest of the MCRmy should see.
- If something is not safe for work or a trigger, please either don’t post about it or tag it appropriately.
- Promoting work that’s archived on The Webways much like I do already. Things like “Check out these videos…” “So-and-so’s doing a project for Gerard, here are the details…” with links to the Webways page.
- We’ll keep in communication via email, discussing the site and brainstorming ideas. I’ll email you at least once every month detailing what’s going on in the coming month. We’ll also discuss
world dominationways to improve The Webways, potential merchandise and promotion techniques – general site stuff!
- You must be reliable, polite and passionate about MCR and the MCRmy. If the majority of your online time is spent bitching about MCR breaking up or how this fanbase is shit, I don’t want to know and nor does anyone else.
- You must have good working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest with a personal account for each. Your personal account will be displayed publicly for Tumblr (you have to be a ‘member’ to post) but not the others unless you want them to (for example my Facebook isn’t listed as admin on The Webways’ Facebook page because I keep it strictly private). I’ll set up a ‘staff info’ page which can include all the details you want public. You must have had at least two accounts for more than three months.
- You should be able to contribute 1-2 hours per week. This does not have to be in one chunk; I don’t care how you work your time as long as you’re reliable.
- You must have decent written English (other languages are very useful too but I won’t discriminate since some days I can’t even speak English!). I don’t mind/care what your nationality or time zone is either.
- You must be aged 16 or over. 13 is the legal requirement to be using most social media anyway. None of this “I’ll be 16 in May!” crap – I can’t be responsible for someone who’s legally not responsible for themselves (no offence), and I’m trusting you with passwords and the co-running of the accounts!
How to Apply
- Email email@example.com by Monday 7th April 2014. Link all your accounts and include a paragraph (no more than 200 words) explaining why you’re the best person for the job.
- I’ll announce the person within a fortnight.
- If you’re successful you’ll have a two month trial (unless you’re really shit in which case I’ll let you know directly) and if everything’s cool I’ll draw up a contract for a more permanent placement. Don’t worry, you won’t have to sign your name in blood – it’s just so we’re both on the same page about responsibilities, what’ll happen if you’re ill or your Internet stops working and how long you’re willing to volunteer for (I know people will be off to school or changing jobs within a few months so we can establish if you can only do it for x amount of months or whatever).